What is Active for Life?
Our Active for Life program is designed to teach basic water polo skills and strategies of the game to adults. Time in the pool is spent on learning and practicing skills and scrimmaging in a fun environment. This program is designed for all levels and involves having fun, making new friends, and lots of laughter all while playing a great water sport. No previous experience is required for this program. The Active for Life program consists of one practice per week and a house league game every Sunday.
Why Adults need Active for Life?
Whether you have played as a kid, at university, or have watched people play water polo and you are interested in our sport, our Active for Life program is for you. If you are tired of running on a treadmill or swimming laps to try and stay in shape, look no further. This great program fosters an environment that is fun and works all your different muscle groups. Play the oldest sport from the Olympics with Capital Wave!
- Develop water safety skills
- Cultivate health and fitness
- Sample a new sport for which you may have a special talent or passion
- Meet new friends in a safe, fun environment, that also teaches life lessons
- Build endurance and muscle tone
- Learn water polo basics designed by International and Olympic coaches
“The Active for Life program is terrific. The coaching is excellent, the adults are great, and the sport is always enjoyed. I would HIGHLY recommend this to any adults in the Ottawa area that have an interest in water sports!” – Capital Wave Parent