A weekly update from Coach Rodrigo and Coach Fraser
We’re getting up to speed again quickly and the hard work in the pool this week was impressive. We were working on body roll for our swimming this week. It’s just easier to get through the water if you rotate through your pull — it’s a lot easier than ploughing through!
Please watch this video with your athlete –
Everyone is excited for the upcoming water polo tournament in Toronto. The coaches are returning focus to the egg-beater this week. It can be a difficult skill to master, but is essential to playing the game. Whip kick and egg-beater are fundamentals. We will be hosting special extra sessions for those athletes that need extra work on these two kicks.
Expect some grumbling from your athlete concerning all the upcoming leg work. If you have the time, please watch this video with your athlete, it’s the most important 7 or 8 minutes of footage on YouTube when it comes to water polo and explains why balance in the water is essential and what you need to achieve it.
A few notables and reminders
- Please use the club calendar as the best way to know your athletes’ practice schedule.
- Get the best seat in the house and become a timer!
- The March Madness Tournament is a GO. We will have several teams aged 11U up to 15U. Teams will be playing on Saturday and/or Sunday so the recommendation is to book a hotel room for Saturday night. If you are interested in being part of the block, please let Lisa know ASAP. We are still waiting for more information from the hosting club and the budgets are being worked out. More information to follow!
- Regarding boots at Brewer…..please ask your athletes to consider putting their boots on the shelves in some sort of organized manner so that we can attempt to avoid the “boot matching game”.
- Lastly, let the coaches know of any absences at email@example.com. It is important so they can plan ahead.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.