Who’s ready for another Challenge and Prizes?
After crowning our Top Lockdown Warriors in February, we are ready to see who will be our new Lockdown Ultimate Champions. Did we mention there are prizes? This Lockdown Ultimate Challenge is a friendly competition between athletes where fun series of tasks are to be completed throughout a 4 week period. Starting on Sunday April 25th, coaches will post weekly challenges below for athletes to complete throughout the week. They are encouraged to download, print, and track their own progress here. Put it on your fridge so everyone can see your progress and help keep you accountable!
This time around, we will have judges for all 3 tasks each week. Video submissions will be required to prove you have done it. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place finishers for each of the 4 age groups. Prizes are as follows:
1st place – Water Polo Canada item
2nd place – Water Polo Canada item
3rd place – Water Polo Canada item
4th place – Water Polo Canada item
5th place – Water Polo Canada item
Rules and Format for the Ultimate Challenge
- Each week, 3 tasks will be posted below, each worth a maximum of 5 points. The winner will receive the full 5 points, second place 4 points, third place 3 points, fourth place 2 points, and fifth place 1 point.
- Athletes will be grouped in 4 categories:
- Splash Polo and PLAY! Polo (Group 1)
- 12U/14U Boys & Girls (Group 2)
- The maximum points that an athlete could receive for each week is 15 points (ie. 3 tasks x 5 points for winning).
- The Lockdown Ultimate Champion for each group will be crowned after 4 weeks. The winner will be the athlete who has earned the most points (out of a total of 60).
- Prizes will be given to the top 10 athletes (top 5 point getters in each of the 2 groups).
- Each challenge will be based on either the time it takes to complete the task or the number of repetitions completed; however, there may be some challenges where the winner will be determined by the judges.
- For example:
Task #1 – Complete a hand stand for as long as you can (time based)
Task #2 – Complete as many push-ups as you can in one session without breaks (repetition based)
Task #3 – Take a selfie wearing a Capital Wave T-Shirt with a water polo ball (judges decision)
- Weekly tasks will be posted on Sunday. Athletes will have until the following Saturday at 11:59pm to submit their entries. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Athletes can only submit one entry/task/day for up to 7 entries a week if they wanted to. Entries must be submitted along with video proof of the task.
- Judges will update the Leaderboards section of this page with the latest top 5 entries for each task, except the task that requires a judges decision.
- Strategy is important so give some thought to the following example:
Sam completes the task and submits his entry on the first day. Robert sees Sam’s entry and proceeds to beat it submitting his entry once completed. Sam and Robert continue to challenge each other throughout the week in an attempt to win the task. In the meantime, Shirley practices all week and then checks the shared file to determine what she needs to win the task with her entry. Remember that late entries will not be accepted.
- Details of the task requirements and information on what the judges will consider as a valid submission will be provided when posted on Sunday.
As always, Capital Wave is promoting a fun and safe environment for all athletes with adherence to federal, provincial and municipal restrictions to minimize the transmission of Covid-19. We encourage families to partake in this fun challenge to keep the kids competing from afar.
How to submit results and how to win?
Try and get in a habit of checking this page regularly so you can see who is on top of the leaderboards. As a reminder, weekly challenges will be posted every Sunday.
The winners will be named at the end of the 4 week challenge. The top 5 athletes on the leaderboards on the last day will be crowned our champions. In order to make the leaderboards, you will have to submit your results through either options below:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Message us on Facebook or Instagram @capitalwave
- Tag us on your Facebook or Instagram post @capitalwave