WAVE took 20 swimmers, 2 coaches and lots of fans to Belleville last Friday and had a great time competing against the Belleville Beast and the Ernestown Barracudas.
We took off a lot of time with some great individual results from our athletes. They got to try some new events as well, which was fun to see.
- Our great 12U Relay teams – A and B – continuing to knock seconds from their 50 FRs — I am so happy to see relays come back as it’s a great way to see how fast you really are
- Jorge taking 5 seconds off his 100 FR
- Nicole taking 3 seconds off her 50 BR
- Adelle taking over 4 seconds off her 50 FR despite losing her cap mid-way
- Siena taking over 3 seconds off her 100 BK
- Lukasz almost 5 seconds off his 100 FR
- Cara taking 3 seconds off her 100 FR and swimming under 35 for the 50 FR for the first time in the relay
- Jasmine inching closer and closer to breaking 40 seconds in her 50 FR by taking over 2 seconds off her time
- Odin for finding that second gear and taking over two seconds off his 50 FR and coming in first in the 50 BK
- Yasmine for almost breaking 40 with a time of 40.00 in the 50 FR and commanding performances in the BK
- Nathan “Peaty” Hobbs for collecting the most points for our club with all his first place finishes and amazing relay performance
- Fiona for a great relay anchor performance in the 4 x 50 FR with a new best time
- Gillian for her great anchor swim in which she broke 35 seconds for the first time
- Skawennahawi and Stanley for leading the charge for WAVE and making sure that our relay team was a sure winner!
- Aline for taking on the challenge of the 200BR and managing a 3rd place finish!
- Orion for recording a great time for his 50 FL, I think he’ll be catching his brother soon.
- Paige for spirited performance in the 50 FR. She’ll be breaking 40 seconds very soon!
- Gabe for breaking 40 seconds on his 50 FR in the relay!
- Naomi for her great relay performance and for showing us how great backstroke can be.
- And lastly, Brie, our youngest and most spirited swimmer who came through with excellent swims despite being injured in warm-up. She was always at the end of the pool cheering on her team mates!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.